1. I sanded the door down (using safety precautions in case the paint was lead.)
2. I stained the door a dark brown using wood stain from the local hardware store and let dry over night.
3. I chose a creamy white latex semi gloss paint. I painted two coats of paint.
4. As soon as the paint was dry I took a flat edge paint scraper and scraped paint off on different areas of the door.
5. We then put on a clear coat to protect the door and make it washable.
6.Seth cut the pine board to the length of the door.
7. We used plant hangers from our local hardware store as brackets to sit the board on.
8. Seth screwed the board in across the top.
9. We hung the door on the wall using a stud finder to find a sturdy place to drill large holes in for 4 LARGE screws.